Wednesday 16 June 2010

World Cup Eye Candy

The World Cup is a spectacle for many reasons, but the amount of eye candy that has been running across our TV screens cannot be ignored.

When I first constructed a Top 6 list I had a few challenges to overcome...

1) I had lost Ballack and Beckham to injury
2) I wanted to try and limit my choices to one player per team
3) I wanted to highlight talent from teams that don’t usually receive much attention

With those factors in mind, my Top 6 list included Tim Cahill, Nicholas Anelka, Danny Shittu, Fabio Cannavaro, Jermain Defoe and Didier Zokora.

Now that the World Cup has kicked off and I’m getting a much better view of the talent my current list is as follows:


Kevin Prince-Boateng – Ghana
Age: 23
Caps: 2
Did you see the Ghana v Serbia match?







Danny Shittu - Nigeria
Age: 29
Caps: 15
His swag earns him a place on this list







Tim Cahill – Australia
Age: 30
Caps: 38
Can’t put my finger on but there’s something about this lad from down under. I’m a sucker for an Aussie accent anyway.


Nicholas Anelka - France
Age: 31
Caps: 64
The PUMA advert says it all really.






Fabio Canavarro - Italy

Age: 36
Caps: 132
If you saw him in the Nike advert I wouldn’t need to justify why he is on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment