Saturday 16 October 2010

A Volley Dream



Many successful athletes have reached the upper echelon of success by starting out with a simple dream. So with this in mind I’ve decided to share one of my dreams via this blogpost:

I dream of a day when athletes who participate in minority sports in the UK can focus on honing their skills and not raising money to pay for referees, training venues and kit.

I absolutely love playing volleyball., Yet it never fails to irk me when I have to add another line on my budget sheet entitled ‘volleyball’: registration fees, club subs, transportation to away games, post match hospitality – when I add up how much I spend on volleyball at the end of each season I’m always amazed that despite the financial outlay, myself and my teammates continue to invest our time and money in order to play this sport at an elite level.

I’m not exactly sure what it will take for the sport to become popular enough to fund itself but I’m starting with the basics – a dream.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that.


    Volleyball has lead me to many people and fun times and I too will keep pushing with the basics- a dream.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/peterbakare?feature=mhum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your enthusiasm for volleybal is inspiring. How are your 'basics' coming along?

    ReplyDelete